Lahore School of Economics
Note for Authors – Submission Guidelines
To download submission guidelines in pdf format click
- The first page of the manuscript should have the
title of the paper, the names(s) of author(s), and a footnote giving the current
affiliation of the author(s) and any acknowledgments.
The following page should include an abstract (maximum
400 words). The abstract should be followed by Journal of Economic Literature
(JEL) classifications and keywords (minimum of two and maximum of five). Please
note that JEL classifications are also available for marketing and management
related topics. For more on JEL classifications please consult
- The main text of the article should be single column
format, double line spaced with font style of Times New Roman. All main headings
should be bold with size 16, while subheadings should be bold with font size 14.
The main text should be justified with size 12.
- The numerals used for headings and subheadings should
be 1, 1.1 and 1.1.1. It is advised to limit the level of headings within
- Write one to nine in words, 10 and above should be in
figures. Write numbers in figures (not words) for exact measurements, quantities
and percentages. Use thousands, millions, billions and not crores and lakhs. In
text use ‘per cent’; in tables and figures ‘%’. In the case of decimal, use
“0.8” rather than “.8”. Maintain consistency in the number of decimal places
after the decimal point. Thus, use either “7.8” and “10.0” or “7.89” and “10.00”
throughout the article.
- Give specific dates in the form “22 December 1999”.
Decades should be referred to as ‘the 1990s’. Please spell out the “nineteenth
- Displayed formulae should be numbered consecutively
throughout the manuscript as (1), (2), etc. against the right-hand margin of the
page. In cases where the derivation of formulae has been abbreviated, it is of
great help to the referees if the full derivation can be presented on a separate
sheet (not to be published).
- Do not embed “graphically designed” equations, but
prepare these using the word processor’s facility (Example: Microsoft equation
- Distinguish between figures (diagrams) and tables
(statistical material) and number them in separate sequences. Each table/figure
should have a brief but descriptive title. All table/figures should be as
self-explanatory as possible, incorporating any necessary descriptive material
in a note at the base of the table.
- Do not import the tables/figures into the text file
but, instead, indicate their approximate locations directly in the electronic
text. Example: [Insert Table 1 about here], [Insert Figure 1 about here].
- Footnotes should be numbered sequentially
- All references used in the text should be listed in
alphabetical order of the authors’ surnames at the end of the text. References
in the text should include the name(s) of author(s) with the year of publication
in parentheses, and all references should conform to the style of the Journal.
Further information on questions of style may be obtained from the Editor, The
Lahore Journal of Business, Lahore – Pakistan.
- To avoid unnecessary errors you are strongly advised to
use the “spellchecker” function of your word processor.
- Any manuscript which does not conform to the above
instructions may be returned for the necessary revision.
- Before publication, page proofs will be sent to the
corresponding author. Proofs should be corrected carefully; the responsibility
for detecting errors lies with the author.
All submissions should be in electronic format to
© Lahore School of Economics 2019